Nuarro Lodge is a unique “beach & bush” lodge situated on the beautiful Baixo do Pinda Peninsula in Northern Mozambique. Nuarro Lodge boasts private, tropical beaches and unspoiled bush with a unique biodiversity.
Amazing hidden secrets, such as enchanting traditions, history and culture can be found along the coastline – the perfect ingredients for an authentic holiday experience!
Nuarro Lodge’s 12 chalets are built by local people and from local natural materials and traditional technology. Each chalet has both a sea view and privacy granted by the surrounding bush.
Each chalet has:
- A king size bed that can also be used as a twin bed. Some chalets have an optional twin bed upstairs for families.
- A generous mosquito net
- A desk with chairs
- A comfortable lounge
- A large sun deck with a hammock, a view of the bay and a private path leading to the beach and daybed.
- An open bathroom with a shower, sink, separate toilet and an outdoor shower.
Air conditioning is not required as the design and location of large doors ensures good ventilation.
Nuarro Lodge has an exciting and unique list of activities available.
- Diving and snorkelling
- Sea kayaking
- Whale watching
- Dhow sailing
- Mountain biking
- Bird watching
- Picnic trips to isolated beaches
- Cultural village tour
The Activity Centre has a comfortable sitting area with books and magazines. It can also be used for studying for one of the many great PADI examinations at Nuarro.
Environment and Local Community
The owners of Nuarro Lodge have a big passion for the environment and ethical and fair trade tourism.
The name of the local village is Nanatha. Everything at Nuarro was built by local people using local natural resources. The local people are co-owners of the land and by building Nuarro they are building their own future. Nuarro and Nanatha live in harmony together as neighbours. You can easily go for a walk through the village by yourself, but you can also be accompanied by a Nuarro team member or a volunteer who is active in the village.
Some of Nuarro Lodge’s initiatives include:
- Co-ownership of land with the local community
- Unique memorandum of understanding with the community for common benefit
- Safe, potable fresh water supply
- Agricultural, horticultural and small holding projects
- Land and Marine Conservation and introduction of sustainable fishing practices
- Multifunctional Community centre with education, health clinic, hygiene and sanitation programs
- Micro finance to small enterprises with support of local and international NGOs
Supporting the local community
Nuarro Lodge ensures that local people benefit from the growth of responsible tourism. This is achieved directly through donations and indirectly through the creation of jobs. Nuarro employs a total of 80 local people and approximately 1000 family members depend on that income.
From each overnight stay, $5 is donated to the local community and $2 from each activity. These donations have already funded the building of a community centre and medical post and various projects in the field of medical care, hygiene and agriculture are being developed.
Would you like some advice?
If you have travelled with us before you will know we love nothing more than creating bespoke safari adventures across Africa and beyond. If you're yet to do so please get in touch, we're here to help.
Call: 01227 753 181
- Category3 Star
- LocationNorthern Mozambique
- By purem
- Email: [email protected]
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID